Thursday, October 6, 2011

Now what!?

As I begin writing this, it is 12:45AM and sleep eludes me yet again. It's becoming a common theme ever since I've been in Calgary. I'm not sure if it's the stress of school, the awful bed, or some other factor I've not yet considered. Whatever the case, I can't recall a single night in the month since I've been here in which I was able to convince my body to sleep before 1AM.
This is becoming problematic as I am currently fighting some sort of illness and am unable to rest well enough to give my body a fighting chance at defeating it. Maybe I just have too many distractions and thoughts running through my mind. I find myself unable to clear my mind and be free from worry as I was formerly able to do. When I fall asleep I dream of the girls I want to be with, or of projects for school. I have a 4 day weekend so hopefully I can keep my focus for at least the first 2 days and clear some of my backlogged work off my plate. If I can achieve that, maybe I can fulfill my goal of a peaceful 8 hours of sleep, rather than waking up several times through the night. One thing is for sure, if I don't work my way past this issue, my health will not allow for me to do my best in school. I have already missed a total of 5 classes, and 3 workouts. Something has to change.
-Onward and Upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment