Tuesday, March 13, 2012

If I could, I would be good

I felt like I needed to get some shit off my chest, and since  I average maybe 4 hits a day on here, I felt this would be a good venue in which it was unlikely to ever be read by anyone I know. Feel free to comment.
To those "friends" who would rather lie to me and avoid me than hang out, until they need something. (If you're reading this you know damn well who you are): I'm sick of your shit, I'm a nice guy and maybe that's why I keep you around, because I know how sad your life would be without people like me in it. My patience is wearing thin, a guy can only take so much BS and I'm well beyond that tipping point. If you didn't owe me money I would simply cut my ties with you and move on. But, since I'm a broke ass student who could use every dollar I can find, I keep you around. If you can't be honest with me at least be honest with yourself, pay me back and get the fuck out of my life. I don't need the immature BS and all the baggage that comes with being your friend.
P.S. to one specific person: You tell me you can't hang out because you need more notice than what my itinerary allows. Then when you need something you can hang out. I'm done helping you for the complete lack of any respect I get in return. If I want to hang out, even if I leave the planning up to you, you're busy. When I get in touch with you, you're hanging out with other people. Honesty is always the best policy if you don't want people to resent you. The sooner you learn this the sooner we can maybe get along for more than a week at a time.

To the masses of people who continue to send me hateful/angry/butthurt messages on facebook and emails regarding my political or religious views: I understand that religious people don't like to have their faith questioned, I understand that a good portion of people refuse to question the rationality of their beliefs because the idea of becoming disillusioned scares them. That being said, threatening me because of posts challenging the rationality of your particular religion does not make you a better or more enlightened person than myself. I live what I feel is a fairly good life, helping others as needed, volunteering my time and excess money to causes I believe help others simply because I want to and my mother raised me to appreciate what I have while so many others have nothing. If this bothers you because you can't do any of these things without the religious dogma attached, you need to get some perspective on life and who is really the better person. I do things because they're the right thing to do, not because they will earn me time in paradise. Who's the better person here? Someone doing something because they want to? Or someone doing something because it benefits them? If you're having trouble answering that, the clear answer is the former. So what if I drink too much? (I don't harm anyone when I'm inebriated aside from myself when I do dumb things) So what if I take needless risks? ( I don't take risks that put anyone but yours truly in a bad spot) How does this make me a bad person? How is my "preaching" of logic and reason comparable to religious leaders preaching the excommunication and abandonment of those who don't believe in the same imaginary friend as them?


That's it, I will post more later.
Too drunk to keep writing cohesive sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment