Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Darkness Surrounds me... (Part 1)

Disclaimer: This is a fictional short story, it contains some weirdness, but don't take it too seriously.

June 1, 2007

I'm awakened in the middle of the night by a sharp pain in my side, right below my rib cage. I jump out of bed and run to the light switch. My eyes take a moment to adjust to the brightness, but it doesn't matter. I don't need to focus to see that my formerly white sheets are now bright red.

Stepping in front of the mirror, I catch a fleeting glimpse of what appears to be the hind legs of a large insect. I attempt to brush it away, but my hand falls flat against my own skin. Whatever it was, it's gone.

I remove the sheets from my bed and carry them to my laundry room. After starting the machine I return to my bed room where I promptly fall asleep on my now bare mattress.

June 2, 2007

I awake to the sound of a knock on the front door. I grab my housecoat and head down the hallway. I can see the silhouette of a tall, slender man through the frosted glass of the door.

"Just a moment!" I shout through the door to the figure as I finish tying my housecoat.

I open the door to see that the man who was outside my door is now standing at the end of the driveway, facing away from me. He is wearing a dark suit and is completely bald. "Umm...hello??" I shout to the man, hoping to draw his attention.

No response.

"Excuse me sir!" I shout, looking around. I notice a small, blank envelope on the Welcome mat.

I bend down to retrieve the envelope, and when I look up the man is gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment