Friday, December 16, 2011

Sweet Dreams and Clean Sheets

   Now, I'm fairly certain I've posted these sentiments before, and probably about the same person, but I just seem to never learn my lesson when it comes to two faced people, and people who flock to me when they need something and run the opposite direction when everything is going well for them.


   Basically, I've asked a certain friend whom I've not seen since September to hang out, just to watch movies, or whatever she wants to do. It's completely platonic, at least on my end, and I'm the kind of guy who will more or less be supportive no matter what, but isn't afraid to tell her when she's being dumb over a guy. I'm not looking for more than a friend in her, but I am looking for a FRIEND, not a conditional, only around when they need something "friend". But once again, I ask to hang out, she ignores me the whole day and only texts me to tell me she's out with friends.

   I don't expect anyone to drop what they're doing to talk to me or spend time with me. But this situation played out like this: I asked her to hang out on Friday, I asked her this on Tuesday, she told me she would hang out if she didn't have to do family stuff or babysit. We discussed it further on Wednesday, she once again agreed we need to hang out, said she would if she wasn't busy with the aforementioned obligations. Then I get a text from her tonight asking what I'm doing, I tell her I'm just chilling with my roomie, and ask what she's up to. Her response "just out with friends". I don't know, obviously I need to learn my lesson about not trusting people and not depending on anyone, but I just can't help but be offended by this. I feel betrayed, yet again.

   A man can only take so much betrayal before he stops believing anything you say, just remember that.


-Onward and Upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment